13/06/2008

The Project

About a year ago I started looking after a garden (not my own), I hadn’t done any gardening before (apart from the days of helping my “grandy” in his garden) and it’s progressed from keeping it tidy to growing whole plants from a tiny seed in the shed. It’s become my dirty secret, an ongoing project that I tend to whenever I can.

Lately I’ve become interested in growing food, it’s something that really appeals to me and would like to try. So I decided for one of my projects, I would go to an allotment and experience it, talk to the people there, and get a sense of the community, look at the different styles, methods and opinions towards agriculture, anything that takes my interest really. It’s going to be an organic process, so I haven’t a clue what direction it will go in.

Exciting!

No comments: