16/07/2008

Illustrations

I spent a lot of time at the Liverpool Central Library to find inspiration and to look for books with old style plant paintings or drawings for the seed packet covers. I was there for a good few hours looking through all kinds of books, some just were just the style drawings I needed but where about trees, no good, I wanted them preferably of vegetables if not flowers.
I eventually came across a book which was perfect and was specifically for designers as it was copyright free: Plants and Flowers - 1,761 Illustrations for Artists and Designers. These lined drawings were just what I was looking for, I can use some of these drawings but colour, adapt them myself.

The Book:
Plants and Flowers
1,761 Illustrations for Artists and Designers
edited by
Alan E. Bessette and William K. Chapman
• ISBN-10: 0486269574
• ISBN-13: 978-0486269573
Dover Publications (September 8, 1992)
doverpublications.com



No comments: